Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Thoughts for April 2

These were interesting readings. The online reading completely confused me and frustrated me. I was so afraid I was missing something. I felt so out of control.

As I was reading the article about instant messaging, I kept thinking about how texting on cell phones has started to take the place of some instant messaging. Since the article collected data in the 1990s, I thought of how in the beginning of this new millennium, cell phones have started to take on the role of instant messaging. I think that could be in interesting study.

For me, IM was a critical part of keeping my social circles together. With my friends all over the world, this was so crucial in helping us stay in touch. It truly made the world smaller for our benefit.

In my psycholinguistic class, we conduct classes on an instant message software. I find these synchronous discussions to be interesting. Inconvenient at times, but still interesting.

The powerpoint article was also intriguing. It made me aware of somethings that I had never truly thought about. I think it's interesting to think how this type of tool can shape minds. As a teacher, I used powerpoint with my first graders to provide visual images of what we were studying. During our Ancient Egypt unit, I put together pictures on a powerpoint presentation to help the children see and understand this world we were learning about.

No comments: