Monday, April 30, 2007

Thoughts for April 30--The Last Class

I can't believe this is the last class! The semester has just flown by. The last few weeks have been really interesting as we have gone deeper with the new literacies in technology. I wish we could have a few more weeks to continue this part of the conversation we've had all semester.

The articles this week were very interesting and I could find myself relating to this a bit more. Being that I live daily in these types of activities, (blogs, online communities, etc.) I find it wonderful that researchers are taking a serious look at how they influence lives.

The blogging article was interesting. One thought I had while reading was about Rosie O'Donnell's blog. Her latest video entry talked about the best blogger awards. She was discussing how she wanted to win the award for the best blog. How interesting that our awards are moving with the trends of our communication.

The Smart Mobs article was also interesting. While reading about all these fascinating programs going on around the world, I thought of the recent Virginia Tech shootings. I remember watching the video on TV that had been recorded on a student's cell phone. This short video from this cell phone gave the world in inside look to the terror that occurred on that campus. This in our hands, instant technology has changed us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the decrease efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=samosa khol ?
I noticed the phrase you suffer with not used. Or you partake of the black methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg